My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Friday, January 23, 2015

Catching Up

I have a tremendous amount of catching up to do on this blog. I took a sabbatical from blogging lately.In fact for quite awhile. When I created my blog I fully intended it to be a space to share the ministry work I was doing. Due to high pressure in my job, family,situations, and health issues I took some time off. I haven't been totally out of the loop. In June 2014 Mark and I led a team from First Baptist Atlanta to LaCampa, Honduras. It was my 3rd trip there. We love working with the Lenca Indians and this trip was no exception. We had a great time of children's ministry, women's ministry, and construction. (That was Mark not me!) When we returned from the trip I had major surgery on my cervical neck. Really it was 2 surgeries. The Surgeon performed an anterior discectomy and cervical fusion and then I was flipped over and he performed a posterior cervical fusion C3- C7.I was in ICU 6 days. Needless to say my neck was in serious trouble. I have had quite a recovery with complications of pneumonia, swallowing, and speaking problems and of course pain, lots of pain. I think that's to be expected when they put 7 metal plates and 14 screws in your neck! God is good and He has and is continuing to heal me!! During this time I have prayed, searched and interviewed for s new ministry position. I was offered several ministry position's but they just didn't feel right. God has His timing and He knew that I badly needed the surgery last summer. So He prompted my spirit to wait - BE STILL! This past fall I seriously began seeking Gods will and He has led me to a new position. Last week I was officially welcomed as the Director of the International Village in Atlanta for Youth Outreach United. I am so blessed!!

No comments: